Travel is always an adventure. One never knows what will occur. One thing is certain, knowledge is gained from the traveling bumps.
Things I learned on my recent Hong Kong/Macau trip:
- Hold on to one’s boarding pass, because the escalator will eat it right up as you watch
- It is really difficult to have a better experience than the Big Bucket
- Let your friend, who gets motion sickness, have the aisle on the ferry
- Always check your pockets for your phone when leaving a taxi
- If one loses something in a taxi, when being dropped off at the hotel, inform security, they can help get it back.
- When taking restaurant recommendations from a friend who insists you go somewhere, realize what day it is. On a Saturday night, it is not the best time to go, and make sure there are other places around
- The octopus card does work some places in Macau